8/27/2006

White to play and force checkmate.

Unfortunately I will have to decline my invitation to play in the "Clearlake Invitational Tournament" in October. It is too bad as this is a tournament with all Masters, and tournaments this strong almost never come to the Houston area.
I will also be skipping the Southwest Open in Dallas.

Being realistic, I think for the next couple of years I will only be able to play one or two tournaments a year as I do not have much free time on the weekends. I plan on continuing to study so when I have more free time in the future, I will not be too rusty.

Right now I am continuing to study for my LSAT. I will be taking the test in September. I have been studying for the test for almost a year now, and I feel pretty confident that I can get a top score. After I take the LSAT I will also take the GRE so I can keep my options open. Wish me good luck on these tests! Posted by Picasa