7/28/2008

Tournament Wednesday July 30, 2008

Hello everyone. Last Friday's event was a big success. I am holding a similar one this Wednesday evening.
 
Event: 3 Rounds. Unrated G/45 (45 minutes for each side with 5 second delay). We will follow all USCF rules as well as the Chess Club rules for conduct. 
When: Wednesday July 30, 2008. The first round begins promptly at 6:00 pm. 
Entry fee: $10
Registration: E-mail jeffreyashton@gmail.com to reserve a spot.
This tournament will be limited to the first 24 people on a first come first serve basis. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early with your own chess set, clock, pencil and notation sheets. We have a limited amount of extra chess sets. Notation sheets are available.
Location: 9900 Westpark Houston, TX 77025. The office number is 106 and it is on the first floor (turn right after you enter the front door).
Official Website: www.chesspanda.com
 
The club will become an official USCF affiliate this week so I plan to run USCF rated as well as unrated tournaments regularly as soon as next week. I now realize that so many of my experienced students enjoy playing in unrated tournament games, so I will continue to hold them once a week. Also starting next week I am going to offer memberships. Members will enjoy many benefits including discounted entry fee, higher priority over-non members when it comes to registering for a full tournament or event, and other special privileges. I do my best to emphasize focus, sportsmanship, and safety for the students. I appreciate parent volunteers that can help me with this.
 
If you have any questions please e-mail me.
 
Thanks and I hope to see you Wednesday!
 
Coach Jeff